3.23.2012

26 weeks


Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 26 Weeks

Size of baby: Little one is around 1 3/4 pounds and 14inches head to heel, about the size (length) of a hothouse cucumber.  

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Gained about 18 pounds.

Maternity Clothes:  I am loving my maternity pants and my tops are a mix of both. It's been so warm I am realizing I am in need of some more capris and probably a couple of pairs of shorts.  I did just put away all of my "normal" winter and spring/summer clothes.  I hope to get a few more dresses too.

Gender:  It's a girl!  Mary Isabelle (see this post about her name)

Movement: Now that her little bones and muscles are more developed, she is quite the kicker!  I'm sure she is punching some, too.  I can feel a lot of her movements on the outside now and I can see my belly move from some of her stronger kicks.  She is rolling all over the place, too.  I'm not ready to be much bigger yet but I am ready for her to have less room!

Sleep: Both of my hips are sore when I sleep on either side for more than a few hours.  I have found a new way to prop/tilt myself on my pillows so I am tricking myself into thinking I am sleeping on my back a bit even though I am tilted to the left.  I am sleeping much better that way and I hope I can do this for awhile.  

What I miss:  Sleeping on my back.  I cannot wait to lay flat again!

Cravings:  I am still loving fresh fruit right now- apples, pears, oranges, bananas, melon, and cucumbers.  Ice cream and frozen yogurt have sounded good too since it's almost like summer outside.

Symptoms:  My heartburn is still there.  I've still been able to cut back on the zantac.  I have had a few random Braxton Hicks and some swelling in my feet that lasted a couple of days but that's about it.    

0 comments: