7.26.2012

one month.

Mary,

You are one month old today.  Time surely has flown by since you were born!  You have grown and changed so much in the last month.



You have outgrown almost all your newborn clothes and you are out of your newborn diapers.  You are now in size 1 diapers and 0-3 month clothes.  At your 2 week appointment with Dr. Love, you weighed 7 lbs. 4.5 oz. and measured 20 1/4 inches long.  I measured you this week and you are now about 21 inches long and I estimate somewhere in the 8 lbs. range.  I may take you back to the doctor's office to have your weight checked just because I am curious.

this is a huge smile!  (no, you aren't crying...)

You are a great eater and feed about every 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 hours during the day and at night you take one long stretch of 4-5 hours after your last feeding (anywhere from 10-11:30pm) and then you are back on your day schedule.  Mama appreciates the long stretch.  It also makes me go to bed earlier!  You usually take at least one good nap a day, sometimes two, and at least a few cat naps.  Today you put yourself to sleep (with very little crying) and you slept over 2 hours in your crib!  (At night you are in the Dennis family bassinet next to our bed.)

(this is a smile, too!)

You have been giving us the sweetest smiles and I know they are not all gas related.  :)  You even started smiling as soon as I pulled out the camera today for your pictures.  If you could laugh already I think you would have been laughing a deep laugh from your gut.  In some pictures you look like you are crying but you were truly smiling with your entire sweet face.



You look so much like your Daddy but you have my hands and fingers, feet and toes, and my lips and ears.  Maybe my nose.  Even as you keep changing you still look mostly like your dad.



I love you so much and cannot imagine what life was like without you.

still smiling

Mama


0 comments: